*Including Crown Point, Merrillville, and Valparaiso
If you’re reading this, we know that you’re interested in waterproofing your basement or crawlspace. We also know that you’re a smart consumer, because you’re researching the contractors in your area. You want to be sure you select the best company to suit your needs, and you want someone knowledgeable, reputable, and trustworthy.
Acculevel has been waterproofing homes since Andy Beery founded the company in 1996. We have served thousands of customers in Northwest Indiana, and would be happy to help you as well. But we also recognize that you might want to get more than one estimate, to fully evaluate the options before making a final decision. Choosing a contractor can be stressful, and this is where we want to help you.
How Do You Choose a Good Contractor?
That being said, we do want you to be particular in your choice of repair company. We’ve compiled a list of the 3 best companies in NW Indiana, using the following criteria:
- Highly rated and reviewed exclusively from 3rd party sources.
- Reviewed across multiple platforms: Angie’s List, Home Advisor, Google, Yahoo, Yelp, etc.
- Verified through the Better Business Bureau that they have been in business for a minimum of 10 years.
- Provides service to over half of the region specified.
- Any company currently going through bankruptcy was disqualified.
An explanation for the third item on our list: this is based on statistics and general business practices. On average, a homeowner spends 13.3 years in a house. When someone starts a business, over 70% of them fail within the first 10 years. We do not want to suggest a service provider that may not be in business long enough to enforce their warranties, however long those might be.
Many of the warranties in our industry cover 20 years or longer, so we believe 10 years in business should be a minimum requirement. This requirement makes our list of vendors shorter than others you may find- but we do this with your best interests in mind.
One of the questions you should ask a repair service is the length of their warranties. Contractors that provide a service can define ‘lifetime’ any way they choose, so do not assume their definition is going to match yours. We also offer a checklist of questions to ask a contractor, free for download.
The 3 Best Waterproofing Companies In Northwest Indiana
- Nova Basement Systems has an average rating of 3.8 (out of 5) and has been in business for 40 years. They were founded in 1975 by Jim Nova, who retired in 2014. The company is now operated by 4 of his long-term employees, who offer common sense solutions for foundation and water problems.
- Don’s Foundation Repair has an average rating of 4.3 (out of 5) and has also been in business for 40 years. They are a family-owned and operated business based out of Wheatfield, Indiana. Don’s will never compromise quality for time and give you realistic schedules that accommodate your life.
- US Waterproofing has an average rating of 4.5 (out of 5) and has been in business for 63 years. They aim to pursue total peace of mind for their customers through education, comprehensive solutions and their wealth of experience.
Things to Consider
This is not an endorsement for these companies, and we are not affiliated with any of them. We are providing this information so that you can be well-informed and make the best choice for your home and situation.
Acculevel is a family-owned company that uses American-made products whenever possible. All of the services we provide are performed by our own employees. Acculevel does not use subcontractors on any of our job sites. We are grateful to our customers for their business and for their excellent reviews; our average rating is 4.9 (out of 5) and we have been in business 24 years.
If you’d like to request a free estimate, our friendly office staff will help find answers to your questions and make an appointment with one of our local project managers. He or she will evaluate your foundation concerns and recommend the best course of action for you, to keep your home strong and healthy for years to come.